Charlotte “Char” Smith
The Washington State USBC Association is pleased to induct Char Smith into the Washington State USBC Association Hall of Fame on this 3rd day of March, 2007.
Char has been a strong and active promoter of bowling at the state, local and league levels for 36 years. Char has held every office at the league, local and state association level. As a member of the WWBA, Char served as a director, 2nd Vice President, Vice President and President prior to the merger of the WWBA, WSBA and WSYABA. Char also served on over 20 committees while on the WWBA. Char was also chair of the State Transition Board. She was inducted into the Coeur d’Alene USBC WBA Hall of Fame in 2004 and the St. Maries USBC Hall of Fame 1996.
- Completed in League from 1969 to Present
- High Series 702
- High Game: 278
The Washington State USBC Association is pleased to induct Jerry Ledbetter into the Washington State USBC Association Hall of Fame on this 3rd day of March, 2007.
Jerry has served on the local association board for over 15 years and is the current Association Manager of the South Sound USBC. Jerry’s service to the sport of bowling, in that time, is remarkable and is achievements on the lanes are even more astounding. South Sound USBC Hall of Fame 1989. Some of Jerry’s bowling accomplishments are as follows:
- Completed in League from 1958 to Present
- 9-800 Series with a high of 858
- 18-300 Games (18), two back to back
- 1973 Tacoma Masters Champion
- 4 Time Tacoma City All Events Champion
- 9 Time Member of Tacoma All Star Team
- 2 Time Member Tacoma Senior All Star Team
- 1987 Member US Team Representing United States in Helsinki, Finland at the World Championships